Wednesday , April 24 , 2019
Balanced Scorecard Recertification
Maintaining the BSP or BSMP Designation – Recertification
Recertification is based upon earning 50 credits through continuing education, contributions to the field, and on the job experience. The Institute has established a certification committee to oversee the certification program.
BSP Certifications expire on December 31, three years from the year a person originally certified (e.g., if you certified in 2013, regardless of which month of the year, your certification is due for renewal by December 31, 2016).
BSMP Certifications expire on December 31, five years from the year a person originally certified (e.g., if you certified in 2011, regardless of which month of the year, your certification is due for renewal by December 31, 2016).
Annual recertification notices are sent, as a courtesy, in the first quarter of the year in which the individual is due for renewal and additional reminders are sent throughout the year. Accompanying the reminder notice, will be a link to, information regarding the recertification process and instructions to access the recertification application form and guidelines.
Why Get Recertified?
Certification is a great way to accelerate your career in strategic planning and balanced scorecard. Even if you have been working with balanced scorecards for many years, certification is an excellent way to market yourself and stand out from the crowd. Earning certifications shows a potential employer (and your current one) that you are willing to test your knowledge against best practices. Recertification demonstrates that you have continued to apply yourself in the field of strategic performance management and are attuned to new learnings, developments, tools, and techniques. In other words, you are continuing to develop as a professional in this career field.
Steps to Recertification
Evaluation Criteria and Scoring
- All candidates must have previously completed the Balanced Scorecard Professional or Balanced Scorecard Master Professional Program (and Exam). See the BSI Certification Page for details. Certifications are valid for three years.
- Download the Recertification Application. Rename the file, replacing NAME with your name.
- Create a sample of balanced scorecard work you have completed since being certified.
- Register on the BSI Recertification Page and upload the completed application and balanced scorecard work sample at the appropriate screen. Submit the application electronically by December 31 of your recertification year.
- Remit the $295 recertification fee. The recertification fee must accompany the application and is non-refundable. An applicant will not be considered for recertification without payment. Applicants will be notified within six weeks of recertification approval.
Recertification is based on credits earned while engaged in balanced scorecard related activities. Fifty certification credits are needed to be recertified. The potential and maximum credit levels are listed at the top of each category on the application.