This is a required course for balanced scorecard practitioners who want to achieve the highest level of certification – Master Professional Certification – from the Balanced Scorecard Institute. This course is designed for students who have completed the Balanced Scorecard Professional Certification. This course includes advanced balanced scorecard topics, mentoring from a senior Institute certifying trainer, and the development of a student practical application.
This five-day course uses the Institute’s nine-step balanced scorecard framework: Building and Implementing a Balanced Scorecard: Nine Steps to Success™. The course is taught in an interactive manner, using lecture, lessons learned, practical examples, mentoring with specific help on each student’s application example, shared participant experiences, before and after scorecard examples from actual client engagements, certification exam preparation, and practice sessions. The culmination of the course is a student presentation to the class and instructors.
The goals of this course are to: learn advanced techniques for building and implementing a balanced scorecard performance management system, learn advanced change management aspects of the balanced scorecard journey, learn facilitation and coaching skills necessary to lead and participate in team workshops, learn how to do communications strategic planning, learn how to overcome the ten most common challenges to success, and practice building a scorecard application under the eye of an experience certifying balanced scorecard trainer.
Successful implementation techniques will be taught, as will tips and tricks for dealing with implementation issues standing in the way of successful scorecard programs. Change management and facilitation skills will be taught and participants will have a chance to practice these skills. Participants will need to come prepared to develop a real scorecard based on their needs. Topics covered by the course include:
- Comprehensive approaches to strategic planning, strategic management, performance measurement and target setting, initiative prioritization, performance information systems, and program evaluation
- The Institute’s Nine Step methodology for building and implementing balanced scorecard planning and management systems
- Modern approaches to Strategic thinking and Strategy mapping
- Communications strategy development and change management aspects of the balanced scorecard journey
- Facilitation and coaching skills necessary to lead team workshops in the development of a balanced scorecard system for your organization
- How to select appropriate BSC software to collect and report performance information throughout the organization
- How to cascade the enterprise scorecard throughout the organization